Saturday, May 13, 2017

Tools to help children and adults focus



Hi All,

I was looking up some products that I currently use with my students and amazon has this one for a reasonable price. I love wedge/balance cushions for persons who have ADHD or focusing challenges.
Balance cushions are also great to work on core strengthening, balance in standing, and body awareness. I often have students stand on it (with close supervision of course) and hold their hand if needed to do a reach and grasp activity..  Great to do with shoes off to get tactile input into the feet.
Great to also put it on the chair (make sure if a good fit) so that children can wiggle, which helps them to focus. I have also used adult sized wedge cushions on the inpatient acute psychiatric unit and the patients love them, finding it easier to focus as well. 




Best,
Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment